I'm still relatively new to UniVerse so I was hoping for some advice on
transferring data for a development copy. We have a client with an AIX
system that has Intuit/Activant Eclipse as a front end using and IBM
UniVerse as the database. We are hoping to be able to generate a copy of
their database on a copy of a Windows based UniVerse database. At present,
the servers are disconnected since the AIX is behind their private network
and the Windows is on our development server.

So far our client has only tried to copy the files and send them to us,
which works in some cases. However, it has resulted in errors on various
tables such as partfile pointers being cleared, file in use errors, and
"Unable to stat" messages.

Is there a defined process for moving data snapshots between servers in
UniVerse?

Thanks again for any tips,
Andrew

Andrew E. Tegenkamp