From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Mike Roosa
Sent: Tuesday, 2 March 2010 7:50 a.m.
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] UniVerse on Windows 2003 Server - Environment

We are running UniVerse on Windows 2003 Server in a virtualized
environment.
 99% of the time the system runs great and we have no issues, however,
about once a day or every other day during the busiest time, we have a
period of
2-3 minutes where the server slows down and basically quits responding.
 Without us taking any action the system begins responding normally
again and we usually make it through that day without issue.

We typically have around 85 users on the system at one time sometimes
that gets up closer to 95 or 100 but not often.  I have noticed certain
processes that definitely cause the issue like running winmsd from the
command line or renaming a directory on the server.  Since I know these
processes cause the issue I don't do that during the day.  Obviously
there are other processes that also can cause issues for us.

We have worked with our vendor and Rocket and the latest we've gotten
from them is that our server is under-resourced.  While that very well
could be true, we want to do a little more research first and reach out
to other Windows/UniVerse users to see what hardware they are running
and if anyone is in a virtualized environment.

Any help we can get would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike Roosa
The information contained in this Internet Email message is intended
for the addressee only and may contain privileged information, but not
necessarily the official views or opinions of the New Zealand Defence Force.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or
distribute this message or the information in it.

If you have received this message in error, please Email or telephone
the sender immediately.