I have an interesting application issue.  Currently we have the vast majority
of the application traffic on the ERP system (Datatel's Colleague) accessing
the database thru listeners connecting via UniObjects.  The UniObjects
interface appears to be saturated, after about three listeners connect in we
max out at throughput -- more listeners do not give us more transactions per
second.  Is it possible to bring up a second daemon so that UniObjects can be
accessed on another port?

The machine we are doing this on is an HP "baby Superdome" and has plenty of
hoursepower -- and plenty of free resources.  Disk bottlenecks have been
cleared up, plenty of free cpu, etc.  The "HP/sysadmin folks" are saying that
it appears to be database related, and I thought this would be a great
experiment to try.

Thanks for any advice!

Steve...
--