Well, the terminology issue is something we (Spectrum magazine in particular)
can promote since we are already committed to promoting the term MultiValue
(note the mid-cap casing) and the MultiValue Logo. We just add such terms to
our Style and Usage Guide and use them in the magazine.

Side note: Is there any interest in us having our Style and Usage Guide
available online?

I'm interested in hearing what folks would find an acceptable term for
TCL/ECL/etc.

As to the idea of of a generic book, groups of experts, etc., that sounds like
a fame and glory no profit Open Source kind of thing. A lot of the experts you
might want to attract are dudes and dudettes trying to make a living. That goes
back to some of Tony's comments. How could that be made worthwhile for said
experts to forgo revenue producing time to produce a non-profit book?

Considering some other Open Source documentation efforts, I'm not saying it
can't be done. I'm just challenging everyone to present detailed ideas for how
it could be made to work.

Regards,

Clif