From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Bill Haskett
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 11:15 AM
To: U2 Mail List
Subject: Re: [U2] UD: Phantoms

Doug:

After reading the documentation for LOCK...

"Resources are not automatically unlocked by the termination of the
locking program. The UniBasic UNLOCK or ECL QUIT commands must release
them. Otherwise, you can release resources by executing the ECL
CLEAR.LOCKS command at UniData level."

...the resource lock will still be set if the service program crashes.
Hmmmm.   I'll have to think about this some more.  :-(

Bill

Bill Haskett said the following on 4/2/2010 10:10 AM:
> Doug:
>
> That is an idea.  I was hoping I could be more direct, but this should
> work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

>> Doug said the following on 4/2/2010 8:56 AM:
>>> Bill:
>>>
>>> Use the LOCK command with number 0 through 63.  Have your phantom
>>> process do
>>> a "LOCK 60".  Then you can test it in other programs using the else
>>> clause:
>>>
>>> LOCK 60 THEN
>>>   UNLOCK 60
>>> * Restart phantom