On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Glen Batchelor wrote:

>  I'd opt for print wizard unless you want to hard code the PCL and avoid
> middleware. You can code the PCL font and spacing escape codes directly in
> your app and just print the code to the slave printer like normal. It's a
> little more design time, but it'll be a fairly static setup. If you want PCL
> example code to use print the label from Word to a Laserjet 4 driver set to
> print to file. Or, Google it. There are lots of PCL references on the web. I
> can help as well.

That works up to a point. But Kevin said he wanted to CENTER
variable-pitch text, which would require knowing and using the width of
every possible character.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: r...@anzio.com
 company e-mail: r...@anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA