>>But that device license limit is PER SESSION...

>>So you buy 3.  Power user uses 4 -- Power user eats TWO real licenses.
One
>>for the '3' device licensed, then one for each thereafter.  Even if
every
>>other user is just using one seat.

>>SO -- if you had 300 seats, and only 2 or 3 users needed 2 or 3
sessions, it
>>may be CHEAPER to just buy more seats on a server license than to waste
>>device licensing on all... It's all math!   BUT -- where we installed
it, it
>>seems that most users immediately used them -- they ALL needed (wanted?)
>>more connections, but were locked out.

>>DW

I guess I am a little unsure of the terminology.  In terms of the
licensing agreement, what is a SESSION?  Is it the same as a login?
Assuming device licenses with a limit of 3 connections, can you login
twice and get all 6 connections?  Or is it based on the IP address and 6
sessions will use 4 licenses?

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation