Hi all,

I am trying to read a Unix file from and old aix machine.  The people who
sent it will not bend in how they sent it.

What I got was in binary format so I used 'od' to convert it to ascii.  When
I tried to cat the file before trying to READSEQ records it looked like
gibberish!

I realized that if I set my Term type to vt100, I could read it but the
carriage returns were just ^M after each record.  After trying 'sed' I gave
up.

Universe will not read the file at all.  I still get gibberish even on the
converted file.

Any ideas?  There must be a way to do this.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

Roy