I noticed an issue with the '/usr/uv/bin/uv -admin -stop' command

This is with version UV 10.0.0.2 (IBM issue)
in the shutdown script (/etc/rc2.d/S999uv.rc for instance)
   there are mentions of 'cut -c0-5'

Which works fine with RedHat Enterprise
but gives an error with Fedora 14 (and 13) - seems that cut command wants it's
numbers to start
     with 1 NOT 0

In playing, it seems that cut -c0-5 and cut -c1-5 seem to give the same results.
I can always change the script...but I'm hoping that's the only reference to
cut in the UV kingdom...

So....what does your shutdown script say and what Linux are you running?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division, EDI Administrator
ggal...@wyanokegroup.com
ph:856.848.9005 Ext 220
The Wyanoke Group
http://www.wyanokegroup.com