Hi Bill,

First, "I" believe what "you" say. I just find it hard to accept that ToastMasters, a fine and well-respected organization, would want everyone to always say "I", and never say "you". Personally, if someone I was dealing with constantly said "I this" and "I that", I would tune them out very quickly. Most people would rather hear about themselves than the speaker. Now, denigrating someone while saying "you" is something else again. So, the context of the message is the important thing, not being sure never to say "you". Just my 2 cents - admittedly 2 cents is not worth much these days. ;-)

All that being said, I have read your posts often over the years, and find you to be both knowledgeable and honorable. Oops, should I not have said "you" there? <big good old southern boy grin>

Charlie Noah
Charles W. Noah Associates
cwn...@comcast.net

The views and opinions expressed herein are my own (Charlie Noah) and do not necessarily reflect the views, positions or policies of any of my former, current or future employers, employees, clients, friends, enemies or anyone else who might take exception to them.