Yes, Intersystems has developers, support engineers, and salesmen who worked
for other mv vendors. But Cache isn't jbase-centric. It has emulations for all
the MV variants.

Mumps is still around, though most of the large vendors were consolidated by
Intersystems. After that, Intersystems developed it into the object-oriented
Cache platform, and continues to add features, though now they are Cache
features rather than Mumps features, and available whether you choose to
develop in Object Script (which looks like mumps) or multivalue basic.