On 28/04/11 17:53, Charles Stevenson wrote:
> That should work.
> And then you can write your own update program to back-populate the
> index w/o having to do a build at all.
>
> But if your & my connivings are true, then why doesn't RocketSQ give
> that to us as a concurrent build option?   A few years ago they (as IBM)
> declared that 7x24 uptime was a big goal for U2.

Another thing they should do, is what Prime did long ago.

INFORMATION actually checked whether there were any records in the file!
It's a right pain to have to rebuild all your new indices when you
create a file, add the indices, and then add the data, in that order.
INFORMATION just enabled the index and marked it "up to date" on
creation if there were no records in the file.

Cheers,
Wol