Hi Jeff
I suspect that you may not have included all the components to be carried
across to the device.  They are on your workstation, hence why it runs, but
fails on the device.  I believe there is a description of the items that need
to be included in the sdk in the ibm or rocket directory.

You can put the web service on a different machine and talk to the server hence
isolating the data.  The U2 webservice can encrypt and provide security
connection to that server and is fairly easy to set up.  With Web services your
application runs on any device where .Net limits you to Microsoft.

Regards

David Jordan