You understand that the value for PAGE is specific to the SELECT / LIST
which is why when you list the names, it displays as page 1, which is
based on that output. When you did the select, it pulled from the page
numbers from that selection.

As to how it works. If I understand correctly myself....

@1 is the results of the first value in an I - descriptor, which
apparantly is not cleared from item to item in a listing, but is
zero'd at the beginning of a select/list.

So...the first row, @1 = 0, and we do an @1+1, which adds 1 to the 0
and now 1 becomes @1 (the first value), and the next row uses the
previously uncleared value, and so on.

Now, I don't know if this is a bug (not clearing the value) or if it's
supposed to do that! So if it's a bug....it could stop working on a
later release of UV, if it's a feature, it's a cool one.

George