From: George Hammerle <zhamme...@hubert.com>
To: u2-users <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 12:36 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] Lock Status

ven if the program ended that locked the item, the lock could still be
aintained if the file variable was passed.
I know this is after the fact but, one option going forward would be to write a
rapper program for READU's and call it "LOCK.RECORD". I use this approach
xtensively.
CALL *LOCK.RECORD( R.RECORD, KEY.TO.RECORD, FILE.VARIABLE )
1. If it is a phantom, perform a READU
. If it is a real user, use the LOCKED clause
a. If it is locked, display whom has it locked followed by an INPUT ( if it is
B+, use a DISP ).
b. If it is not locked, lock it.
 This allows them to see who has them locked and contact the guilty party
. NEW OPTION : Once locked, you could get the call stack and record to a file
hich program locked it ( excluding this sub - LOCK.RECORD ). Or you could add
n additional parameter to this sub and pass in the program name.

e already do 1 and 2, but 3 would be an interesting option.

e also have a sub called LOCK.RECORD.ESCAPE that gives the user the option to
scape if the record is locked and it also displays who has them locked. We only
se this option when it is safe to escape and it sends back "ESCAPED" 1 or 0 so
e can handle the escape properly.

olely for the use of the individual or company to whom they are addressed. If
ou have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
elete this e-mail including all attachments from your system. Thank you