As a suggestion add the -v option so you can see what file it was backing up
when it fails.  Perhaps you have broken file that uvbackup cannot tolerate. ???

Perry

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Schasny
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 7:28 AM
To: U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Uvbackup core dumps

Universe 10.3.9 on AIX 5.3

I was testing the use of uvbackup to back up our production data (we
currently use a combination of rsync & tar) for transfer to a Linux off
site backup machine using this shell script:

today=$(date +"%Y" +"%m" +"%d")
cd /vr
find * -print | uvbackup -f -limit 1 -l "Full Backup" - > /vrbkup/uvb$today
date

and at some point it failed with the following:

Abnormal termination of UniVerse.
Fault type is 11.  Layer type is Command Language.
./test.sh[6]: 733396 Segmentation fault(coredump)
Sun Nov  6 12:44:29 MST 2011

Anyone have an idea what might have caused this??

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. ZirMed, Inc. has strict policies regarding the
content of e-mail communications, specifically Protected Health
Information, any communications containing such material will
be returned to the originating party with such advisement
noted. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the