So I'm going through this wonderful project of moving from AIX 5.3 to RHEL
6.x for Universe (note the holiday sarcasm)

I was curious if Universe was certified on all versions of RHEL 6, since
Red Hat seems to be releasing the minor versions at a fast pace.

Here is the response my var got from Rocket.

Great question.  The short answer is yes if it says 6 it means 6.1, 6.2,
6.3, etc. RedHat uses the 2nd digit for patch releases and keeps them
binary compatible so we found it to be more efficient to simply say 5, 6
etc.

Jackie

So, for what is worth.  There is an FYI for ya.

--
John Thompson