From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Israel, John R.
Sent: Sunday, 22 January 2012 2:53 PM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: [U2] Redback Connection Problem

I have 3 UniData accounts (LIVE.DATA, PILOT.DATA & TEST.DATA).  Each has its
own web site (live, pilot & test).  We are using Redback (U2 Web DE).  We are
using Epicor's Avanté backend and a HEAVILY customized version of their ePortal
web software.  Over the past few months, I have developed code in TEST and
moved it to PILOT for user testing.  Everything works 100% in TEST and PILOT.

Today, I loaded everything from PILOT to LIVE (UniData code, web stuff, Redback
objects, etc.)  There are 2 ways that the web pages connect to UniData:
myCart.Open2 account,"SF:oPreOrder"     - where
      myCart is the object
      account is the ePortal account (sister account to the Avanté account)
   and
oOrder.Open2 accnt,"SF:oOrder",userid,passwd    - where
      oOrder is the object,
      accnt is the Avanté account
      userid is the Redback login
      passwd is the Redback passwd

I have never been told the reason for a difference, but it works cleanly in
TEST and PILOT , but the 2nd type of connection is failing in LIVE.  I have
confirmed that the userid and password are correct (the same in TEST and PILOT
since Redback is global) and accnt is the intended Avanté account.

If I do not get success over the weekend, I will be contacting Epicor for help,
but I would REALLY like to get this working before Monday.

Any thoughts?

John

John Israel
Senior ERP Developer

Dayton Superior Corporation
1125 Byers Rd  Miamisburg, OH 45342
Office: 937-866-0711 x44380
Fax: 937-865-9182

johnisr...@daytonsuperior.com

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and
attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking
of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this
message is prohibited.