Same here

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Ed Clark
Sent: 19 February 2012 00:43
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] mvToolbox--digression about why anyone would want
telnet-based tools - dictionaries

honestly I don't do a lot of dictionary maintenance. I have each attribute
defined, and translates to define inter-file associations, but If I need a
different width/format/heading or unique expression for a query I use the
FMT/CONV/EVAL keywords and create them on the fly.

On Feb 18, 2012, at 4:53 PM, Boydell, Stuart wrote:

> Quick pop quiz. How do people build and maintain dictionaries?
>
> I have used Doug's XLr8 tool, SB+ and ED.
> I haven't found one that allows the use of standard revision control
systems (meaning anything appearing in Wikipedia's list of revision control
systems) out of the box, though Doug's may get there. (interested too, who
does use SCM (including SJ+) for their dicts and file creation scripts and
other "admin" artifacts?

> Of the three I like using the Xlr8/Eclipse GUI and grid makes for (IMHO)
clean, consistent dicts and very easy to look at as opposed to LIST.DICT
which in it's original form has to be one of THE most archaic features of
the environment. Especially in a 25 x 80 green screen.

> Stuart.

wider (and easier) world out there.

where it is used throughout the program.