Unless UD has some feature beyond UV's at this particular point.
Note that sort -u output is sorted, but not necessarily by the same algorithm as UD or UV uses.

cds

On 4/6/2012 8:32 AM, Greg Coelho wrote:
Thanks Jeff!

From:   Jeff Butera<jbut...@hampshire.edu>
To:     u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Date:   04/06/2012 09:28 AM
Subject:        Re: [U2] Unwanted Duplicated
Sent by:        u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org

   On 04/06/12 09:10, Greg Coelho wrote:
John,

Thanks for the response.  I on UniData.  I was thinking that perhaps
this
was the result of a UDT.OPTION setting...  Oh!  I think I've just come
across the answer - please see below:

When performing a SELECT statement that employs the SAVING UNIQUE
keyword
against a multi-valued field - the resulting list will contain two
valuemarks on each line with a number in between after the saved value.
An
example is useful to demonstrate:

:SELECT STUDENT.TERMS SAVING UNIQUE STTR.STUDENT.ACAD.CRED SAMPLE 100
SAVE.LIST LIST.TEST
:AE SAVEDLISTS LIST.TEST000
Top of "LIST.TEST000" in "SAVEDLISTS", 345 lines, 4,093 characters.
001: ý1ý1
002: 1003926ý1ý1
003: 1003927ý2ý1
004: 1003928ý3ý1
005: 1024941ý1ý1
006: 1024942ý2ý1
007: 1024943ý3ý1
008: 1036527ý1ý1
009: 1036528ý2ý1
010: 1036529ý3ý1
Correct - this is normal behavior.  The way to remove these is to
GET.LIST and then perform a select against the file for which these are
keys and save it again.

We dealt with this years ago in a similar situation.

So you would followup with

GET.LIST LIST.TEST
SELECT STUDENT.ACAD.CRED
SAVE.LIST LIST.TEST