Eating my own dog food... I cranked CLEARCOMMON into the LOGTO SandBox   and
LOGTO LIVE   paragraph commands.

--Bill

From: u2-users-bounces at listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-bounces at listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of
Don_Bausili at hcsc.net
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:17 AM
To: u2-users at listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Fw: COMMON misMatch

Since all common variables are cleared when you exit UniVerse, and
eliminates the error, is it possible your user used a LOGTO command to
switch environments that have different versions of the subroutine
HOP.R87?

We had both a Test and a Prod environment on the same box, and
experienced problems when enhanced code in Test was being staged for
promotion into Prod.  Executing a program in Test that had changes to
its COMMON, and then logging into Prod resulted in the size mismatch
error when running the unchanged program.

Our solution was to insert "CLEARCOMMON" in the LOGIN paragraphs.

Don
----- Forwarded by Don Bausili/OK/HCSC on 07/16/2009 09:09 AM -----

"Brutzman, Bill" <BillB at hkMetalCraft.com> Sent by:
u2-users-bounces at listserver.u2ug.org
07/15/2009 06:55 PM
Please respond to
"U2 Users List" <u2-users at listserver.u2ug.org>

"U2 Users List" <u2-users at listserver.u2ug.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [U2] COMMON misMatch

A user here obtained an error message...

                 "COMMON size mismatch in subroutine "HOP.R87".

Upon logging out and then logging back in again... The HOP program was
able to launch without this error.

Help with a diagnosis and more reliable cure would be appreciated.

This user is WinXP / Dynamic Connect / UniVerse 10.1 / HP-Ux 11i v2.

--Bill

The information contained in this communication is confidential,
private,
proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of
the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)
653-6000 in Illinois; (800)835-8699 in New Mexico; (918)560-3500 in
Oklahoma; or (972)766-6900 in Texas.
More information about the U2-Users