I generally create a symbolic link to &HOLD& called "hold" in my Universe account directories to avoid the effects of the evil ampersands.

Wols Lists wrote:
Just a quickie - I'm trying to run a command and pass a pathname to the
&HOLD& file

DOS /c 'pcl6 -sOutputFile="&HOLD&\PO.pdf" "&HOLD&\PO.pcl"'

I can't work out how to get dos to handle the & properly - everything
seems to work perfectly until I put an & into the command. Seeing as
it's a print file I've just created with a mode 3 setptr and LIST LPTR,
I really don't want to struggle to move everything around.

That said, I might be better off writing a basic program to move it to
&UFD& and working on it from there :-(

Cheers,
Wol