You don't think it would be confusing to have it work differently from Uniquery
?

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Phillips <martinphill...@ladybridge.com>
To: 'U2 Users List' <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 9:29 am
Subject: Re: [U2] BETWEEN operator

Hi,

Yes I would think, if such an operator were to be introduced to Pick BASIC,
that
etween should be exclusive which is how the
niQuery Between (only for Unidata sorry Universe people) works today.  "Between
 and 4" means only 3, not 2 and not 4.

I would disagree, and expect it to be an inclusive range. Perhaps the
ncertainty of semantics is a good reason not to have this as
n operator.

"Give me a number between 1 and 5". I think most people would expect this to be
nclusive.

Martin Phillips
adybridge Systems Ltd
7b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
44 (0)1604-709200