From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Martin Phillips
Sent: 18 April 2012 17:29
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] BETWEEN operator

Hi,

Yes I would think, if such an operator were to be introduced to Pick BASIC,
that Between should be exclusive which is how the UniQuery Between (only for
Unidata sorry Universe people) works today.  "Between 2 and 4" means only 3,
not 2 and not 4.

I would disagree, and expect it to be an inclusive range. Perhaps the
uncertainty of semantics is a good reason not to have this as an operator.

"Give me a number between 1 and 5". I think most people would expect this to
be inclusive.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200