From: Boydell, Stuart <stuart.boyd...@spotless.com.au>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thu, Apr 19, 2012 2:00 pm
Subject: Re: [U2] EXIT ; EXIT inside a loop

It would work, until someone moved the twisted logic into a gosub. Personally,
'm not a fan of exits, I think they can get buried. I would use the
while|until] clause instead and build the logic betwixt accordingly:
or A1 = 1 to X until G = H
or A2 = 1 to Y until G = H
retwisted logic (agh)>
ext A1
ext A2
Stuart
_______________________________
rom: Dave Laansma
ent: 20-Apr-12 6:36
o: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
ubject: [U2] EXIT ; EXIT inside a loop
Given:

FOR A1 = 1 TO X
  FOR A2 = 1 TO Y
    <little twisted logic>
    IF G = H THEN EXIT ; EXIT
    <twisted little logic>
  NEXT A2
  <twisting little logic>
NEXT A1
<little twisting logic>

The question is, if G = H, will the two EXIT commands drop out of both
oops, skipping BOTH <twisted little logic> and <twisting little logic>,
nd resume execution at <little twisting logic> ?

PLOUGH

Sincerely,
David Laansma
IT Manager
Hubbard Supply Co.
Direct: 810-342-7143
Office: 810-234-8681
Fax: 810-234-6142
www.hubbardsupply.com<http://www.hubbardsupply.com>
<http://www.hubbardsupply.com>
"Delivering Products, Services and Innovative Solutions"