Well, I wrote a proggie to process source code and break long IF/THEN/ELSE
into
IF   ... THEN
END ELSE
END

and also

SEL.VERB = 'SELECT FILE WITH J=1 AND K=2 AND L=3 BY ABC BY DEF BREAK-ON XYZ

SEL.VERB = ''
SEL.VERB := "SELECT FILE"
SEL.VERB := " WITH J=1 AND"
SEL.VERB := " K=2 AND"
SEL.VERB := " L=3"
SEL.VERB := " BY ABC BY DEF"
SEL.VERB := " BREAK-ON XYZ"
SEL.VERB := etc

It does a few other personal likes

It's just a matter of choice - having been a maintenance contractor for
years I just like code that can easily be read within the 80 x 24 telnet

As for the mixed case thing, that has roared on forever, but it interesting
to note that many internal Universe progs are written in mixed case.
It all depends on the site, but mixed case requires dragonian standards
rules, which are too much of a bother...