From: Jeffrey Butera <jbut...@hampshire.edu>
To: U2 Users List <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wed, Apr 25, 2012 2:14 pm
Subject: [U2] Job: Hampshire College

We have an opening and someone with good U2 skills could certainly be an sset (unidata preferred). While academia can't always compete dollar-for-dollar with those of you n industry, we offer a competitive salary for this market and great enefits (4 weeks paid vacation from day 1, among others).

ttps://jobs.hampshire.edu/index.cgi?JA_m=JASDET&JA_s=164

ampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution nd member of the Five College consortium in Amherst Massachusetts, is ccepting applications for a Database Systems Developer in its nformation Technology Department. The Database Systems Developer is the lead developer and administrator roviding a variety of technical and user support for the college’s olleague administrative computing system; develops programs to augment endor-supplied software; and enhance web-based services. This position nalyzes, develops, implements and documents custom administrative oftware enhancements, and supports end-users by creating ad-hoc reports nd providing application training. The developer creates new pplications, determines user needs, and implements efficient solutions o end-user concerns, questions and problems. A bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required with emphasis in nformation systems and software design or equivalent training and xperience. Application programming and analysis experience in the esign, development and implementation of administrative application unctions such as Finance, Human Resources, Student and Academic records nd Development or equivalent systems highly desirable. Five years of xperience with at least one relational database, using a query language nd with several programming languages, especially BASIC, is also equired. Previous experience with Colleague highly desirable. Prior web rogramming experience, knowledge of Java, PERL, Python or PHP, and xperience with MySQL also desirable. This full time, 12 month position begins July 2, 2012. We offer a ompetitive salary and excellent benefits program. Please submit your over letter, resume and names/phone numbers of three professional eferences via our website at http://jobs.hampshire.edu