Remove the line that after each read says "xxx record written"
Terminal I/O is 100 times more expensive than reading and writing

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Laansma <dlaan...@hubbardsupply.com>
To: U2-Users <U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 5:32 pm
Subject: [U2] READU vs READ

If I don't HAVE TO lock a record before modifying it writing it back,
ill a program run significantly faster if I just WRITE it back without
ocking it first? I'm updating about 700,000 records and it's just
aking TOO long.

I DO understand the risks of other users changing the record's content
uring so let's not go down that road. I'm interested in the SPEED
ialog.

Thank you folks!

Sincerely,
David Laansma
IT Manager
Hubbard Supply Co.
Direct: 810-342-7143
Office: 810-234-8681
Fax: 810-234-6142
www.hubbardsupply.com <http://www.hubbardsupply.com>
"Delivering Products, Services and Innovative Solutions"