On 10/05/12 22:02, Tim Stokes wrote:
> I am using a samba share.
>

> /usr/bin/smbclient '\\<ipaddress>\<printer name>' -U <user name %<password>
> -c 'translate;print -'>/root/Printers/<log file name>
>
> This is working on several windows printers to linux, and on a Windows 7
> professional edition. But on a windows 7 home edition the jobs run through
> the Linux portion but do not appear in the windows spooler.

Windows Home?

I strongly suspect Windows is configured to foul up the connection.

And it will be very difficult to fix :-(

The obvious solution is to upgrade to Windows 7 professional,
unfortunately. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't work on Home Edition,
like XP compatibility for example :-( I suspect this is just another.
MS's way of "persuading" you to upgrade and put more money in their pocket.

Cheers,
Wol