From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of John Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 1:59 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] U2 accounting software question

Our CFO likes Sage MAS 90.  The trick is finding a decent consultant
that knows what he's doing.  I hear more recent versions run on top of
MS SQL Server, although ours does not, and its quite a chunk of change
to get the upgrade.
http://na.sage.com/sage-100-erp

We never did try and get it working for anything other than Payable and
General Ledger though- which it does pretty well if your only
requirement is "Batch Updating" or importing the data every night.  If
you import large amounts of data at a time, it tends to be slower than
molasses, although I suspect this is because the guys that did the
original setup were not very "skilled"

I imagine if you got the SQL server version you could do some fancy
stuff with mv.net, and real time updates...

Out of curiosity, what industry are you in?
I did know of a group in Orlando FL, that had some Accounting software
built in Accuterm GUI for the Automotive industry that runs natively on
Universe.