From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Doug Averch
Sent: Wednesday, 4 July 2012 3:23 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Running XLr8 Tools inside U2 DBTools & new Eclipse release

Hi Dan and others:

I finished testing all of the Rocket tools.  Turns out the only one that really
works as a plug-in platform is BDT for U2logic plug-ins.  The other products
are crippled versions of Eclipse with limited menus by design.

Another big problem is that Rocket's Eclipse products do not share work spaces,
so if you start BDT your work space is in that directory.  If you start U2Admin
the work space is in that directory.  Unfortunately this situation is very
messy for U2logic, a Rocket VAR, to support.  I'm going to have fun explaining
this to the first client that asks why the programs don't share the server
names.

Regards,
Doug
www.u2logic.com
Message  protected by DealerGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content
filtering.
http://www.pentanasolutions.com

https://login.mailguard.com.au/report/1F4dy0mK0d/4ZdT5DKh528rfiCd3YgdAP/0.204

This email and any attachments to it are confidential.
You must not use, disclose or act on the email if you are not the intended
recipient.  Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional
Standards Legislation.