Could you show us a comparison of times using your methods?

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Tony Gravagno
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:52 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] trimming a list (a test of your ability)

Sort of OT:
My NebulaXLite product builds XML files that can get into tens of megabytes.
Concatenation with either method described below can cause this process to
take 1/2 hour or longer. I developed a technique that reduces build time of
these large blocks down to seconds, and no, this isn't a method that has
been discussed in public before. I know this would be valuable information
to many companies that seek to reduce processing time of large blocks of
data (CSV, EDI, HTML, XML, JSON, SQL, etc). I just can't think of a way to
recover my research and development costs for this or anything else if the
information is published in a forum for everyone to consume for free, or if
the information is shared with a colleague who then provides a service to
others to speed up applications without my assistance. Someone needs to pay
for R&D like this or people simply can't continue to innovate - just ask
your pharmaceutical company.  So anyway, while I feel like a tease for
saying so, if you find your X<-1> code still takes a Long time to process
after you get to thousands of attributes or megabytes of data, just know
that it Can be significantly improved, I just can't tell you how right now.

.... awkward ...