The behaviour has to be platform-specific, perhaps even version
specific, and I wouldn't trust code that re-dims in a subroutine. With
that, I won't guess what it does today because it could be different
on a lot of systems here, and different in the next release. I don't
mean to evade the challenge but sometimes you can marvel at what
happens when you press a weird button, and other times it's best
simply to not press weird buttons.

My preference at what it should do, not what it does: throw a runtime
fit.

YMMV