Hi,

> The line is simply ignored as if it were not even there.
> If you make it bigger, then try to list past the end, the runtime blows up.
> If you make it smaller, you can still address the end cells normally.
> It's really as if the line isn't present.  Don't ask me why it works that
> way, but hey.

As I said in my previous posting, this is how the designers of Prime
Information documented that it would work. Depending on the
flavour of UniVerse you select, you either get Information style matrices with
this behaviour or Pick style matrices that have
different rules.

Incidentally, because it is clear that some developers might actually want to
be able to redimension matrices that were passed as
arguments, we spent about five minutes adding a REDIM statement to QM yesterday
that treats argument variables just like any others.
I find it hard to believe that it would be difficult for UV to do the same if
the demand is there.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB, England
+44 (0)1604-709200