My goodness, what did I start with this question?!  I apologize for
asking and then going on vacation; I didn't expect all of the

Charles nailed the purpose behind the question, but several other folk
nailed the rough idea of the functionality I for which I was looking.
I guess UniBasic itself doesn't have the functionality without
involving command line calls of some sort.  Thanks for all of the

No -- English is my native language.  I can't imagine what was in my
question that would have made you think otherwise...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_interpolation