Hi All SB+ Gurus,

I have a problem with building a selection process and was hoping that
one of you could steer me in the right direction. Here it is: we have a
stock reorder report that prompts for which warehouse (WHS) and then
which vendor and then runs the report. Either the WHS or the Vendor can
be left blank in order to select all or they can enter a WHS or Vendor
to limit the selection. This has worked for years just fine but now they
want to limit the WHS selection to the default WHS for the employee that
is running the report.

The current selection process has this on the selection line:

        Selection Criteria  S.WHS = "?V" AND VENDOR.NAME = "?]"

We have tried to create a field definition that will contain the WHS for
the employee but I don't know how to put it in the selection. This is
one way that I attempted:

        WHS.RBL1 = "?D" AND VENDOR = "?]"
Another:
        S.WHS = WHS.LW1 AND VENDOR.NAME = "?]"

WHS.RBL1 is a derived filed that has this:

        (F("EMP",@USER.ID)<POS(EMP,WHS)>)

WHS.LW1 is a derived field that just returns a value of 'X" ... for
testing

No luck with either one.

Should we just go away from PD.S completely? Or is there a way to
construct this using the tool?

Thanks as always and I hope this makes sense,

Bruce Lunt