From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Doug Averch
Sent: Thursday, 22 November 2012 3:13 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] UniVerse on a Windows Virtual Server

Hi Jerry:

We have been running internally Universe on Windows 2008R2 using the 32 bit
version for years.  We have found that occasionally we have a run away uv
process that consumes the machine. We keep either a Process Explorer window
open or Window Task Manager to kill the run away processes, because you cannot
get them to start on the Windows VM side.  We have not used 10.3 release in so
long we cannot say except it is better to be current.  We have client that is
using Universe 11.3 on Windows 2008R2 and is not experiencing any issues.

Disk I/O is shared so their is a speed hit which we notice on large files.
 We have just configured a replacement machine with a SSD on it.  We think the
speed increase will more than offset the VM shared resource issues.

Good Luck,
Doug
www.u2logic.com