What?   It's 2013 already? ! ! ! ? !
Why didn't someone tell me?
I set my clock ahead yesterday and everything.

On 3/11/2013 1:10 PM, Woodward, Bob wrote:
With a couple of corrections, yes, it did work.

PRINT OCONV("16507","D-YMD[2,2,2]":@VM:"MCN")

This returned the value 130311.

You were missing the last 2 and the year is 2013, not 2012.  This was a
good thought, though.  Cool!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Stevenson [mailto:stevenson.c...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2013 10:59 AM
To: U2 Users List
Cc: Woodward, Bob
Subject: Re: [U2] ISO Date Format

Bob,

I'm curious,on UD6.1 does this work, using 2 conversion codes with a
value mark between? :

        OCONV( "16507",  "D-YMD[2,2,]": @VM: "MCN" )  --> "120311"

cds

On 3/11/2013 12:16 PM, Woodward, Bob wrote:
I guess you need to be on a more current version of UD than 6.1 for
this to work.  DYMD[4,2,2] works just fine but everything I've tried
is proving that in this version, anyway, there MUST be a delimiter
between the parts of the date.  It does not matter what delimiter as
I've tried space, period, slash, even a comma but for both ICONV and
OCONV adding a quote of any type, null/space/dash/etc, to the numeric
only gives undesired results.

I have to strip out the delimiter in OCONV results and make sure some
kind of delimiter is there for ICONV to get me back to the internal
date value.

An interesting note is using the OCONV(IDATE,'D-YMD[2,2,2]') format,
the dash can be replaced with the digits 5 to 9 but using the digits 0
to 4 result in an output delimited with a space.  Would have been
acceptable (and nice) to have been able to get 13003011 but oh well.
I guess I could use 'D5YMD[2,2,2]' to give me the value 13503511 just
as well.
Fun with dates!

BobW