From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Allen Egerton
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:25 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] History..

John answered your sentence stack commands, so I'll take a shot at how to
execute a program.

Typically programs are stored in type 1 files, aka directories or folders,
(terminology usually depends upon base operating system, *ix or windows).

There's a corresponding file containing the object code.  To execute the
program, you would typically enter RUN filename programname at the command
prompt.

Then, there's cataloged code which is a method of storing object code so that
it can be referenced by multiple users, (unless it's cataloged "locally").

You can also execute a program directly from its native host without entering
UniData if you know where the binary executable lives.

The last three are included only for some semblance of completeness, I believe
that the answer you're looking for right now is paragraphs two and three.