From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Daniel McGrath
Sent: Monday, April 1, 2013 1:43 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Hibernate and UniVerse

Every relational database uses its own custom 'flavor' of SQL (after all,
that's what standards are for, right?). To handle these differences,
Hibernate uses the concept of 'dialects' so it knows what keywords are valid
for that type of database.

UniVerse is not one of the stock dialects available, so you will have to
create a custom dialect to support it. On the positive side, this will allow
you to register keywords such as SAMPLE, SAMPLED and UNNEST that are unique
to UniVerse.

I can't offer you much more help than to point you to some starting points:
http://keyurj.blogspot.com/2012/12/creating-custom-dialect-in-hibernate.html
& http://www.systemmobile.com/?p=177

Hope it helps,

Dan McGrath