Nevermind.  I remembered how to spell HELP
-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Israel, John
R.
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:26 AM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] blink error?

I have not seen that in a long time.  Used to occasionally get it in
UniVerse on an AIX box.  I think it stands for backward link (blink).

Simply listing or selecting the file will fail when it hits the
offending data.

If you can detect the key that is failing, the "simple" solution used to
be to try to copy the record to a temp file, delete the original record
(which fixes the link), then copy it back.

If that fails, you will likely need to run the fix file utility.

Again, I have not seen this in 10 years or so, so my memory may be a
little off.

Good luck!

JRI