My thinking is that while it is a solid idea, it would be an uphill battle
at best.  There are several challenges.  First, how to represent the
business rules so that they are clearly communicated to and through
non-technical personnel.  Second, to ensure that the human readable
business rules are stated in such a way as to remain materially compliant
to what the code is actually doing without handicapping either.  Often
times the most efficient way to handle something isn't exactly the most
easily translated into human readable terms; an insertion sort for example.
 That technique in particular also could be grouped into a discussion of
practical granularity.  Then there's the whole issue of compliance to the
standard by a team of developers, as well as compliance to the conceptual
issues by the team of non-technical people, and the bridge that must
necessarily be in place between the two camps to make it all work out.  And
finally there is the consideration of what this might cost the business
organism in time and hard coin and how to measure the return on that
investment.