From: Scott Zachary <szach...@gardensalive.com>
To: u2-users <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Tue, Jul 9, 2013 9:15 am
Subject: [U2] File type 30 (dynamic)

I have very little experience with using dynamic (type 30) files and I'm
looking for some pointers in that regard. I have a file that I am
considering creating as a dynamic file. The file will be a log file with
sequential numeric keys. The record size will normally range from about 200
to 700 bytes, with a probable maximum size of less than 1,000 bytes. We
expect the file to continually grow without deletions and we will likely
purge it annually. What are the pro's and con's of creating this file as
type 30 verses other file types?

Thanks,

Scott Zachary
UniVerse Developer