From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Hona, David
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:39 PM
To: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] Writing to a Windoz box from Universe

Last time I checked, AIX has no native built-in capabilities to mount
CIFS/Windows shares.

1. Samba/AIX port - open source
If you wish to load the Samba port to AIX, you can use smbclient to perform an
"sftp/ftp" like connection that'll mount the share temporarily - then you can
get/put the file(s), etc.

2. FastConnect - IBM supported
If you use IBM's FastConnect for AIX - you have to mount the share as a
filesystem first - as smbclient is not supported unfortunately.

Both solutions - of course - require a Windows account to connect to the
Windows server and it must have sufficient rights on that share/filesystem to
write/read/delete files, etc.

Having a Windows share mounted "all the time" can be a security risk -
especially if using generic Windows accounts with "too much rights".

Cheers,
David