Yes, the read will be done each time the record is LISTed (SORTed, SELECTed,
etc).

JRI

-----Original Message-----
From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of randyleesmith
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2013 4:07 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] LIST reports and Fields that Do reads

Lets say you have a field that calls a subroutine.

In this routine you do a read to lookup a description which it what is passed
back.

When you do a LIST to create a report with this field will the read be done
each time?

I was just wondering how the Universe system handle's this.

Dose the system store the first read in it's in memory and just uses that
instead of doing a read each time?

Sent from the U2 - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.