More research than anything else. We are having an occasional performance
problem with one file, and I was checking the lock tables and tuneables.  And
realized that I might be misinterpreting "RLOWNER", since "smat-a" does not
list out a separate table for it, at least that I could see.

On some earlier versions of Solaris & UV, it is possible to configure the lock
tables to be too large for the memory segment, and uvregen will balk. I have
not played with this at the current releases.  I agree that the default for
RLOWNER of 300 does not sound very taxing, but if it really is 300 table
entries for each group semaphore x 40 bytes or so, that could add up to a chunk
of wasted space.

+ Okay, I tested a couple of these changes:  Changing RLOWNER from 300 to 400
has no effect on the segment size output of uvregen. Changing RLOWNER to 2000
also has no effect. Changing the RLTABSZ by 100 upped the usage by 1.7 M (
GSEMNUM=97). Likewise, bumping GSEMNUM by 10 to 107 bumped the segment size by
0.52 M.  (No units, since it is not reported by uvregen.  It could be bytes or
words.)

>From this, I deduce that RLOWNER, does not affect the size of any tables,
>rather it might be a limit on the number of users that can concurrently lock a
>single record using the READL statement.  Not sure what else it could be.

-Rick