Beat me to it Brian.

Use the process monitor from the says internals tool set to filter out all
executables except the one you want to monitor. This could either be the
specific process or (I think) the task scheduler process itself and include
child processes.

Once you get a failure, save the monitor status from processmonitor to freeze
the state and open it as a log file. The filters will then allow you to drill
down to identify events?

There are some excellent books on the says internals tools on Amazon (and other
book stores ;-' ) that I found very useful.

Regards,

JayJay