On 15/08/13 16:26, Dianne Ackerman wrote:
> I'll have to check that, thanks. -Dianne

One thing to watch out for (I'm sure it's been discussed (by me)
recently, just can't remember where) MAKE SURE YOUR CHANGES TO THE
HOSTS FILE STICK!

Something to do with Windows protecting itself, but it's difficult to
change system files - Windows has a habit of silently reverting changes.

What it actually does is save the changes to a special user area, so
it modifies that user's experience. Except that if you're trying to
change a system config file to modify everybody's experience - like
the hosts file - it's just another case of Artificial Stupidity.

I've been trying to put my (fixed IP) network printers into the hosts
file on my Win7 laptop, and I've just given up ...

Cheers,
Wol