From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Halid
Sent: Wednesday, 21 August 2013 9:39 AM
To: U2-Users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] What is the equivalent to UNNEST in Universe

Hi All,

How do you perform a LIST or SELECT in Universe which will unnest or explode
its Associated Multi Value Data before the query.

For example.

If I have a file called CUSTOMERS which has an association ORDERS.

The DICT on CUSTOMERS have the following.

A single value attribute called CUSTOMER.NAME.

And then a set of a multi value attributes below.
ORDER.DATE
PRODUCT.KEY
AMOUNT

How to I perform a query to get all the records that have an ORDER.DATE >
"20/08/2013" and PRODUCT.KEY = "ABC" and AMOUNT = "100" when comparing against
the same multi value position.

I know I can use a Universe SQL query below with the UNNEST keyword to get the
data.

SELECT CUSTOMER.NAME, ORDER.DATE, PRODUCT.KEY, AMOUNT FROM UNNEST ON ORDERS
WHERE ORDER.DATE > '20/08/2013' AND PRODUCT.KEY = 'ABC' AND AMOUNT = '100';

How would you achieve the same result using a standard Universe LIST or SELECT
command. Not a Universe SQL command.

Regards

Adrian Halid