From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Allen Egerton
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 6:33 AM
To: 'U2 Users List'
Subject: Re: [U2] Exporting to File regularly

Good morning David.

While the answers you've gotten regarding triggers are valid, they're
perhaps an overly complicated solution to your problem.

Your statement that LIST FILE.NAME LPTR gives you the info you need seems to
imply to me that the record key is numeric and generated sequentially.   If
so, then there's a control record in the existing system that you should be
able to retrieve.   And it may be as simple as finding the &NEXT.AVAILABLE&
record in the dictionary of the file that you're looking at.   If not, it's
going to be stored in a parameter file somewhere.   Unfortunately that
"somewhere" is a nasty word given that you are new to universe...